Our rum is distilled using 100% renewable energy
Passion for excellence and commitment to environmental responsibility have been values of the family since the XIX century. The company has achieved a carbon negative footprint, which means that it offsets the amount of its carbon emissions at a level that is greater than the amount of carbon emissions the operation produces itself, thus reducing the total carbon emissions produced by the rest of the world.
These efforts are supported in many initiatives:
- The Flor de Caña distillery proudly operates with 100% renewable energy generated from biomass, reaffirming the company’s eco-friendly commitment. As a result, the company does not use non-renewable external energy such as bunker or fuel oil. This model is equivalent to saving fuel that would be used by up to 45,000 cars per year.
- The company takes care of its water sources by planting 50,000 trees each year, equivalent to twice the size of New York City’s “Central Park”.
- Flor de Caña has a recycling program through which 250 tons of cardboard, 700 tons of glass and 76,000 pounds of plastic are recycled every year.
At this eco-friendly distillery is where the high quality of Flor de Caña rums is achieved through a five-times distillation process to obtain alcohol of maximum purity.
International Certifications and Recognitions
The Flor de Caña distillery is one of a few in the world to obtain ISO-14000 environmental management certification. In addition, it has other international certifications such as:
- Quality management system – ISO9001: 2008
- Food safety management system – HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Food safety management system – FSSC22000 (Food Safety System Certification)
- Jewish food safety management system – Kosher
- Occupational health and safety management system – OHSAS18001:2007